Shreveport resident Tommy Fair lost his leg to diabetes. Even though he is bound to a wheel chair he still manages to watch over his grandchild. About a month ago Fair started to worry about the safety of his family. He felt a gas leak was threatening their well being. Centerpoint the company in charge of the gas line came out to check and mark the leak, but they told Fair they could not repair it until a year from now. The gas leak was classified as a non hazardous leak meaning it was not a top priority for repair crews. Meanwhile Fair`s wondering if the gas leak could cause an explosion. Since we made Centerpoint aware of Fair`s concerns the company decided to take action. They will be coming out to repair the gas leak next week. The news bring a sense of relief to Fair and his family because he says he knows just how dangerous a gas leak can be.