A late night fire leaves one local family without heat in their home.
It happened late Sunday night in the 2600 block of Desoto in Shreveport.
Roy Hughes says he smelled something burning in the garage, so he went to check it out. He found the garage engulfed in flames.
After trying to put out the fire, Hughes said it spread to a bedroom and laundry room in the back of the house.
That's when he woke everyone up and
told them to get out. "Once I realized I couldn't do
nothing with it, it wasn't going to stop, I ran in the house, got everybody up
and moving around," says Hughes. "And from then on it was just... it was what
Hughes suspects the fire started from a shortage in a light in the garage.
The family's gas line has been turned off so crews can inspect it for damage.
Until it's inspected, the family will have to go without heat.