Another woman in the Broadmoor neighborhood says her dogs were poisoned. On Friday, a woman living in the 100 block of Leo Avenue reported that two of her dogs had been poisoned by hamburger meat laced with antifreeze and rat poisoning.
After airing that story, NBC 6 took a call from another woman living six streets over in the 300 block of Fountaine Street, who said her two dogs were poisoned. Cristel Ducote said the dogs were having seizures around 2:0 a.m. Sunday morning and she rushed them to the Emergency Animal Clinic on Line Avenue.
According to medical records written by Dr. Randee Monceaux, the dogs were vomiting chicken meat, laced with a black material and covered in a yellow toxic liquid. Ducote said she couldn't afford to pay for more tests to see what the chemical was. Ducote said her family of four hasn't eaten chicken in a long time and the dogs are never served table food.
Fortunately, Ducote's dogs recovered and were able to return home two days later. When they returned, Ducote said she went into her fenced backyard and was able to find a piece of the toxic meat. She said it looked to be chicken that humans would eat, saturated in a yellow liquid. She said she has reported the incident to Shreveport Police and Caddo Parish Animal Services.
Ducote said the entire ordeal has cost her family more than a thousand dollars and has been very emotional. She said the meat must've thrown over her fence and she said the dogs must've eaten it when they were let outside.
Now, she is afraid to let her dogs and her two young children outside without supervision.