If you have type O negative blood, LifeShare needs your donation to boost its supply.
Friday LifeShare spokesperson Tina Hooper said the blood centers in Shreveport and Bossier City are critically low on type O negative blood.
Hooper said, "There is less than a two-day supply available. This is particularly concerning following the holiday weeks because traditionally it slows during this time, and we don't see as many donors coming forth."
LifeShare is also low on types O positive and B negative blood.
You can donate blood at several mobile blood drives taking place in our area this weekend:
- Friday, Jan. 4, 1pm - 5pm Cornerstone Hospital, 4900 Medical Dr., Bossier City
- Friday, Jan. 4, 1:30pm - 5:30pm Wal-mart - Minden, 1379 Homer Rd., Minden
- Saturday, Jan. 5, 10am - 2pm, Landers Dodge-Chrysler-Jeep, 2701 Benton Rd., Bossier City
- Saturday, Jan. 5, 10:30am - 3:30pm, Wal-mart - Vivian, 929 South Pine St., Vivian
Donors are also encouraged to give blood at the local LifeShare locations:
- LifeShare - Bossier City - 1523 Doctors Drive - 8 a.m.-4 p.m. - Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 11 a.m.-7 p.m. - Tuesday and Thursday
- LifeShare - Shreveport - 8910 Linwood Avenue - 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m. - Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 11:00am-7 p.m. - Tuesday and Thursday; 8 a.m.-3 p.m. - Saturday
- LifeShare - Texarkana - 1321 College Drive - 8 a.m.-4 p.m. - Monday, Wednesday and Friday; 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. - Tuesday and Thursday; 8 a.m. -1 p.m. - Saturday
For more information on when and where to donate blood visit www.lifeshare.org or call 318-673-1471