The Caddo Sheriff's Office Youth Services Division conducted a special operation to find out which local businesses were allowing those under the age of 21 to purchase alcoholic beverages.
According to Sheriff Steve Prator 33 stores and bars in Caddo Parish were checked on New Year's Eve for compliance with state laws.
Summonses were issued at six of the businesses. Three clerks also were charged with not having an Alcoholic Beverage Operator card.
Those receiving summonses for selling alcohol to persons under the age of 21 were:
- Morris A. Blanchard, 59, employed at Channel Marker Lounge, 11001 Hwy. 1 in Oil City
- Jamie H. Cowart, 52, employed at Magnolia Clubhouse, 22300 Hwy. 1 in Rodessa - also an ABO violation
- Felicia M. Lewis, 33, employed at Food Fast Exxon #84, 5875 Hwy. 1 in Shreveport - second violation
- Sherri McCrary, 55, employed at State Line Bar, 11588 Hwy. 80 in Greenwood - second violation
- Mary Mandosia, 57, employed at General Store, 6230 Colquitt Road in Keithville - also an ABO violation
- Carolyn Kelly, 43, employed at S & A Truck Stop, 12300 Mansfield Road in Keithville - also an ABO violation
Conducting the investigation were Lt. Sam Hall, Sgt. Richard Jennings, Cpl. Rickey Evans, and Deputy Keith Cornelius.