Caddo Fire District 6 Assistant Chief Mike Mackey tells NBC 6 News that a home located at 1200 Verone Street went up in flames early Wednesday morning.
According to Mackey, all members of the family living in the home made it out safely.
The fire started due to an electrical short in a refrigerator, according to Mackey. The blaze then spread up the walls of the home and into the attic.
NBC Six News' Joel Rodgers reports that the home appears to be a complete loss.
Fire trucks from Keithville, Stonewall and Caddo all remain at the scene.
Rodgers reports that nine fire crews were on scene to extinguish the blaze.
Stay with NBC 6 News for more on this developing story.