Global Strike Challenge is the world's premier bomber, Intercontinental Ballistic Missile and security forces competition with units from Air Force Global Strike Command, Air Combat Command, Air Force Reserve Command and the Air National Guard.
The challenge showcases the world's premier bomber and ICBM force, fosters esprit de corps through competition and teamwork, recognizes outstanding AFGSC personnel and teams and improves combat capabilities through competition and community crosstalk
About 450 competitors take part in GSC competitions at various locations. Competition includes security forces along with missile, bomber and helicopter operational and maintenance forces. Teams will have the opportunity to participate in innovative thinking, teamwork and esprit de corps that are central to the AFGSC mission.
The following AFGSC units will participate in competitions run by AFGSC Headquarters.
- 90th Missile Wing, F.E. Warren AFB, Wyo.
- 91st Missile Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
- 341st Missile Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
- 509th Bomb Wing, Whiteman AFB, Mo.
- 5th Bomb Wing, Minot AFB, N.D.
- 2d Bomb Wing, Barksdale AFB, La.
Also participating are Air Combat Command's 7th Bomb Wing from Dyess AFB, Texas, and 28th Bomb Wing from Ellsworth AFB, S.D., Air Force Reserve Command's 307th Bomb Wing at Barksdale AFB, the 377th Security Forces Squadron from Kirtland AFB, New Mexico, the 219th Security Forces Squadron from the North Dakota Air National Guard and the 131st Bomb Wing from the Missouri Air National Guard.
- June - September: Bomber Operations and Weapons load competitions - September - October: Missile and Helicopter Operations and Missile Maintenance competitions - November - Security Forces combat skills competitions Awards - Bomb wings compete for the Fairchild Trophy - Missile wings compete for the Blanchard Trophy - Security Forces compete for the Charlie Fire Team Trophy