An early morning house fire leaves a Shreveport man homeless.
Shreveport firefighters responded to a house fire in the 600 block of Terrell Drive around 3 a.m., Sunday morning.
Leo Taylor, who lives in the home, said he was sleeping in the living room at the time. He said he woke up to the smell of smoke and saw flames in his bedroom, coming from an electrical socket. He then ran out and called 911.
"I was totally in a nightmare," said Taylor. "But I had to deal with it. Once I saw the flames, I had to leave. I saw the whole light switch was in flames and all up here was in flames."Taylor said he's grateful the fire didn't spread to the rest of the home. There is extensive smoke and water damage. He's unsure whether the home can be repaired.