Just after 11am Saturday, a call came into the Shreveport Fire Department saying a house was on fire on the 900 block of Wesley.
NBC 6 spoke to fire officials who say six units responded.
Upon arrival the house had flames coming out the front and side of the building.
There were two adults and two kids inside at the time of the fire, but everyone got out safely.
"When I went to the kitchen I opened the door and all I saw was the flames," said Fatima Oliver. "I just shut the door and ran out the front door. My 13 year old son reacted real good and he called for me and my Mother in Law and we all just came outside until they got here."
It took about 20 minutes for firefighters to put out the flames.
Inspectors believe the fire started in the washroom, but are now sifting through the damage to get as many details as possible.