The Broadmoor neighborhood has been put on alert, after several dogs in the neighborhood have been rushed to the veterinarian for vomiting and seizures.
Dr. Randee Monceaux with the Animal Emergency Clinic said she has seen five cases of animal poisoning since Jan 1.
While caring for the animals, she said she discovered the dogs were having seizures because they were poisoned by several diffent types of meat, laced with chemicals varying from antifreeze to Milo Seeds.
With so many happening in the same area during the same time frame, she doesn't think it's by accident.
"Toxicities are very common. It's one of the more common things that we see here but several toxicities in the same area is pretty rare. Eventually coincidence is far-fetched.
NBC 6 has talked to the owners of the poisoned dogs. They all said their dog started to get sick when they returned from outside. Also, all of them said they have not given their dog any table food.
Dr. Monceaux urges all pet owners to be vigilant. She urges them not to let their pets outside alone, even if it's in a fenced backyard.