Murry highlighted the three areas of personnel, planning and training, and physical security upgrades.
According to the presentation, more than a hundred officers and security coordinators protect the students, at a cost of $6 million dollars per year.
The district is in the final phases of a $462,000 federal grant awarded by Readiness and Emergency Management for Schools. It has helped fund extensive training for school personnel and local emergency responders.
The funds also paid for a high-tech web program called the Emergency Response Information Portal which helps coordinate crisis response.
A security assessment by and independent group prompted some upgrades too.
"They brought things to our attention you know doors that were left unlocked, maybe better positioning of security personnel, fences that needed to be done, cameras that needed to be in place," said Murry.
Caddo Schools has upgraded 75% of the security cameras in the district and plan to complete the other 25% by August 2013.