Around noon today, Shreveport firefighters were called to the 1000 block of Rutherford in Shreveport after a bathroom heater in a residence caught fire. Residents inside the home tried to put out the fire, but were unable to do so, so vacated the house and called the SFD when it spread to a bedroom.
Fire fighters contained the blaze, which spread to an attack before it was contained. The two residents got to safety; one was treated for minor injuries, but declined to be transported to the hospital.
NBC 6 News has a crew on sight and Alese Underwood will bring details at 5 and 6 tonight.