|Centenary College of Louisiana is a private, four-year arts and sciences college affiliated with the United Methodist Church. Founded in 1825, it is the oldest chartered liberal arts college west of the Mississippi River and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Centenary is one of 16 colleges and universities constituting the Associated Colleges of the South (ACS) and is regularly rated as one of the top colleges in the South.|
Bossier Parish Community College is a two-year community college with approximately 6,500 students enrolled each semester. Academic programs of study include associate degrees, certificate/technical diplomas, and technical competency areas.
|Texarkana College prepares individuals for success in life by providing quality opportunities for vocational preparation and academic advancement.|
||Remington College's degree and diploma programs offer career-based technical training that can prepare you for entry-level positions in fields like business, IT, cosmetology, culinary arts, criminal justice, electronics, graphic arts, and the health sciences. Remington College offers more than 25 programs in specialty areas that are in demand by today's employers. You can earn your diploma in some programs in as few as eight or nine months. Associate's and bachelor's degree programs are also available.|
|Louisiana's Tuition Opportunity Program for Students, commonly called the TOPS Program, is a comprehensive program of state scholarships and is one of the most innovative and progressive student assistance programs in the nation. TOPS has four components: the Opportunity Award, the Performance Award, the Honors Award and the Teacher Award. Each award has specific eligibility and selection criteria, including high school grade point average, ACT score, graduating rank, and completion of a specified college preparatory core curriculum. The Teacher Award is designed for undergraduate students who intend to teach in a Louisiana elementary or secondary school upon graduation.|
Borrowing Federal Loans through LELA
LELA offers you one of the better deals when it comes to borrowing federal student loans. In LELA’s most recent update you’ll find the agency covers most of the upfront fees including origination and default fees. LELA loans:
- Stafford Loans are one of the most popular federal student loans. Subsidized Staffords are awarded to students with a certain degree of financial need and unsubsidized are available to almost everyone. You’ll find many students carry a combination of both. Interest rates are low and fixed and LELA pays your fees. These are a no-brainer. Complete the FAFSA to be qualified.
- PLUS Loans for Graduate and Professional Students give those Louisiana students beyond undergraduate studies the next level of federal aid. These loans may only kick in once you’ve maxxed out your Stafford Loans. Apply with the FAFSA. LELA covers your default fees.
- PLUS Loans for Parents are credit-based, low-cost alternatives for parents with undergraduate kids to put through college. When all other federal loans and grants are paid out, leverage the Parent PLUS loan to cover the balance remaining on your kid’s education. Better than a home equity line of credit. Borrow through LELA and you won’t have to pay the default fee.
Discover more about federal student loans.
Student Loan Precautions
Student Loan Forgiveness
Defaulted Student Loans
Getting Out of Default
Student Loan Deferment
Forbearance of Loans
Need Money For School ... Everybody Does! Here are some tips on how to avoid scams when looking for money for college.
Preparing for education beyond high school
Ask the right questions on your college vists
25 ways to survive your freshman year.
- College Savings Calculator
- Expected Family Contribution (EFC) Calculator
- Financial Aid Award Evaluator
- Loan Repayment Calculator
- Borrower Benefits Calculator
- Loan Consolidation Calculator
- Value of College Calculator
- College Expense Worksheet
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Calculator
- Debt-to-Income Calculator
- Loan Capitalization Calculator
- College Loan Prepayment Calculator
Student LoansStudent Loans
College Loan Benefits
Apply for Student Loans
Choosing a Lender
Compare for the Best Loan
Deciding How Much to Borrow
Federal LoansFederal Student Loans
Government Loan Programs
Federal Direct Loans
Low Interest Student Loans
Distribution of Federal Loans
Parent PLUS Loans
Graduate PLUS Loans
Bad CreditBad Credit Student Loans
No Credit Check Loans
No Co-signer College Loans
Major LendersLoan Organizations
Private Student Loans
ACS Student Loans
Sallie Mae Student Loans