The Arkansas Game and Fish Commission offers three options to take the Hunter Education course.
The preferred hunter education method is through a 10-hour instructor-led classroom and hands-on demonstration. Classes may be a few hours a night for three to four nights or a full Saturday class. The final class will end with a test to pass the course. Interested students may click here or call 800-482-5795 to find a course in their area.
Online Self-Study Course ($19.50 fee)
Students may visit the online study course (third party) site (click here) and complete each section of the course online. Students must take a supervised final examination at an official testing site to complete the course.
CD Self-Study Course
A free self-study course on CD also is available. Call (501) 223-6351 or 800-482-5795, or send an email with your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org and request a CD be mailed. The course is taken at home at the student's leisure, but students must take a supervised final examination at an official testing site to complete the course.
STEP 1) Take the self-study course by CD:
- Complete each section of the self-study course and pass each unit quiz and the final exam.
- After passing, print your Course Completion Voucher.
- Call or send an email and request a CD to get started.
- Bring your signed online course completion voucher to the in-person exam.
- Take and pass the in-person exam to complete your hunter education certification.
- Your Hunter Education Certificate will be mailed to your home.
Once students have completed the Online Self-Study Course or CD, they are required to be tested in an official AGFC facility. The testing sites are listed by county, but students may take their test at any location.